The mission of the Hollywood Farmers Market (HFM) is to celebrate the bounty of Oregon agriculture through the operation of a community-based farmers’ market and other ventures that support small farmers and healthy urban neighborhoods.
To strengthen the Hollywood Farmers Market’s role in the regional food system by building community, enhancing education, creating partnerships, and focusing on sustainability.
- Pride – We believe the presence of a vital, high quality farmers’ market enhances our neighborhood’s distinct character.
- Community -We believe that nurturing relationships in shared public spaces builds neighborhoods.
- Food Focus – We concentrate on produce to support regional farmers, a healthy local food system and a healthy community.
- Trusteeship – We believe we have an obligation always to be mindful of the market’s integrity, sustainability and prosperity.
- Education – We believe in providing educational experiences related to healthy communities and sustainability.
- Civic Participation – We believe that informal social gatherings of neighbors in open public spaces encourage civic participation in our community.
- Volunteerism – We believe that volunteers and an active and supported volunteer program are essential to the success of our market and a healthy community.
- Fun – We believe that involvement in the Hollywood Farmers Market should be enjoyable and rewarding.